Monday, April 11, 2016

Home.

There were many aspects of growing up that I looked forward to as a child. Owning a home was not something I even considered but now at age 30, here we are!


To put aside the financial responsibilities, mortgages, bills, and other varieties of adulting, the best part is making your home your home.


Jimmy and I are currently developing solutions to the unique layout of our 1924 house, shopping for quality furniture that is affordable and aesthetically pleasing. It's a lot of pressure! Especially since I come from the design and architecture world, it is difficult to buckle down and decide on a style that defines who we are.


What we've realized through this process is that there does not need to be one defining style that we must live with for the rest of our lives. It's design, it's our home, it's meant to change and morph as we change and morph ourselves. The fun about designing our home is customizing it to what we need at the time.


I'll share bits and pieces throughout this process, but for now, I was just throwing some super basic sketches together to see my layout. Hope you enjoy coming along on our journey!



1 comment:

  1. I didn't know the house was so old! Excited to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete