Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Baby Shower.

I was always always one of those children who were in a great hurry to grow up and become an adult. Play in the jungle gyms? Please. I would walk the two blocks to buy the daily newspaper and try to read the articles back to back while secretly eyeing the moment I could switch to the comic dailies. I wanted to grow up but I think I wanted to want to more than actually wanting to...get it?

Anyway, I am grown up now and I don't want to keep growing up anymore. Stupid little me, just enjoy and cherish the moment of your youth. 

As I grow up, I'm required to do grown up things like paying bills, working jobs, attending weddings, and finally attending baby showers. Speaking of... I attended my first baby shower yesterday!

My eldest cousin announced their exciting little news a bit before the beginning of summer and suddenly growing up seemed more real than ever. Odona and I arrived at the house at noon on Saturday ready to discover what baby showers embodied. Turns out, it's a lot about food and gifts.


Portos goodness

My other cousin (baby daddy's sister) who also happens to be a talented graphics designer, designed the theme and decor for this shower. What's the marvelous theme? Star Wars: Baby Edition! Check out these custom ordered cookies!










My contribution? During the announcement of the baby's gender, they cut open the celebratory cake for all of us (who were dying of anticipation btw) only to find the blue dye had mixed funny and... We all surprisingly found a green cake! Hahah well, I decided to use that little incident in my congrats card! 

I enjoy hand writing this font btw!


And there went our first baby shower! I'm sure it's the first of many but I'm glad our first experience was with family! Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment