Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sweetie

I think I am finally ready to share this information - (also, I'm emotional so excuse the lack of consistency and fluidity in my writing)


For those who are unfamiliar with my life, I recently lost one of my best friends. Sweetie, our family's faithful companion of 16 years was put down due to his failing health on Saturday September 22, 2012.

It was one of the most terrible yet necessary experiences in my life and though I miss him so terribly, I think we all knew it was the right thing to do for him.


He was a wonderful friend, so forgiving, playful, energetic, and sweet...he made more friends with the neighborhood than any of us mere humans. I treasure all the memories I've been blessed with and though I feel sad, I cannot help but smile through the tears because for so many years this beautiful creature brought so much joy into all our lives. 



I found a good amount of photographs to share with anyone who is interested. You're damn lucky if you got to meet him and if you never had that opportunity, you can meet him now:





















Sweetie's entire life consisted of him running freely through our yard, terrorizing children on bicycles, begging for belly rubs, and showing off his two tricks - sitting and shaking hands. His memory will live on forever and ever and all we can do is move on with life - implementing the lessons we've learned. Thank you, Sweetie. You will always be loved.







No comments:

Post a Comment