Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My Morning - a short story by Ophelia N



I woke up thinking it was late into the afternoon but as I turned to see the 8:50am clock flashing back at me, I realized my efforts to sleep in have failed.

I cursed a little to myself.

I tossed and turned for about an hour trying to trick myself into going back to sleep (this is a bit of a challenge for me most days) I realized later that I had engaged in five games of Scramble With Friends with each of my sisters so I got up.

And then I cursed a little to myself.

I walked downstairs and began to make myself a cup of tea and a few over-easy eggs. In the midst of cracking open my second egg, I realized I had the Katy Perry "Wide Awake" song stuck in my head.

Continuing on the cursing.


Now I sit here in my room with my coffee and cooked eggs staring out into a gloomy Wednesday. I wonder how fireworks would look against a gray sky. Then I realized Katy Perry has another song called "Fireworks."



It's one of those days.



No comments:

Post a Comment