Sunday, June 17, 2012

Getting ready

Every morning I wake up with a sense of disappointment, "What? Already?"



What I have found to be very helpful was not a special diet pill or ritual chant. What really helped me was a moment to myself. Waking up early to spend extra time getting ready gives me a chance to mentally prepare myself for the rest of the day.




This is how I wake up.






Scary.




It takes a lot of energy to pull myself out of my deep slumber, hit that alarm clock while avoiding the "Snooze" button, and shuffle towards the restroom to wash my sleepy face.



After the washing and teeth brushing, I come back to my vanity table ready for my makeup. It takes concentration but not much deep thought so I typically allow my muscle memory to take me through the routine motions. It's a twenty minute activity that ends with spritz of perfume and a step towards the real beginning of my day.



Woot woot!



No comments:

Post a Comment