Monday, February 20, 2012

Presidents Day

Ok pop quiz - why are we celebrating Presidents Day? Which presidents exactly? How did this originate? Why don't we ALL get this day off?




No, I'm not exactly going to sit here and research all the facts behind this 'Nationally Observed' Holiday but I will say this - why things are the way they are should have a significance in our lives. We should take the time to question what we are doing and how we are doing it.




All I knew as a child was that this was a holiday that allowed me to stay home from school. Now I know. What do I know?



I know that I still know nothing...





I'm going to Google it asap! In the meantime, I just rewatched Aliens (second part of the series) and holy crap my heart was beating faster and faster as the scenes progressed. I've watched it before but sheeshhh - as Jimmy says, "that is the marker of a good movie" and yes, James Cameron has never quite lost his stride.




I've watched quite a few movies ever since my personal discovery of RedBox and am contemplating on doing short reviews. Let me think about it... Trial time:


***Spoiler Alert***

---------------------------------


Movie: Aliens

Date Released: 1986

Recap: Woman escapes from alien attack. Big corporation sends her back with marines. Marines go boom boom on planet and most go bye bye. Team finds little girl. Girl looks like blonde mess. Aliens go "rawr" while humans continue to boom boom pow. Aliens go splat but more keep coming. Woman saves little girl and one solider. Surprise! Big Momma Bertha Alien comes and woman has to kah-pow for B.M.B.A. to go away. All good, good night in hyper sleep.


Review: Good movie!


-------------------------------------------------

Hmm... maybe I won't be doing movie reviews. What are you all watching these days? I cannot stand sappy movies like The Vow or Notebook or Noteow or Votebook...ok, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment