Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gratuity is hairy

January 15-


Good gracious, I'm grateful for my insanely charismatic hair. 














A mind of its own, a will to keep going, a free spirit...a stupid mop of hair that doesn't just take a chill pill! I can't explain how much frustration I feel on some days when I wake up to the Exclamation Point on my head.






I add water, I use hair spray, I comb and recomb, I ask the straightener for help - when the straightener gives up, I bust out the curling iron. If THAT doesn't work, I grab hair ties and get that booger out of my face...somedays it's still insistent to become pompom-like.





And some days this happens:















I guess if anything, it's sort of funny...for me and for others. Yet at the end of the day, it's a hate/love relationship. Some days more hate than love.

No comments:

Post a Comment