Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hail?

There I was today. Minding my own business.






Clickity clackity-ing at work when suddenly, without warning, intense rain began to beat down onto our walls and booming thunder exploded in unison.








I looked over my shoulder in surprise but shrugged it off, crazy bursts of rain is not quite uncommon here.










Then came the hail and when I realized I couldn't turn my head around anymore without physically turning my body, I remembered that hail is not as common here.












In honor of the momentous (literally...it lasted a minute?) hail, I decided to bless your eyes with a poem:


















*try to imagine it as a song for better effect.














Hail, hail, you rhyme with Dale-


You surprise me without fail.


You woke the old man snoring,


You make the night a little less boring


But please, don't dent my car-


If you do, I won't get very far.




Hail, hail, you rhyme with Hail-


If I could catch you in a pail-


I'd run,


It'd be fun,


I'd skip,


I'd trip,


I'd fall,


I'd bawl,


You ain't always fun, hail.


Hay--ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment