Thursday, October 6, 2011

iSteve.

Yes, I've heard. 










Today we bid farewell to the very few "creators" from our world. Which got me thinking.










How many of us are still seeking that role? How many of us work to fulfill dreams, establish foundations, pave the way for generations?










We often fall into a whirlwind of routine activities, feeling comfort in meshing in between layers that cushion yet bind us together. Tip toeing outside the lines only for a few seconds before returning back to what we already know.








Steve Jobs was a modest man, but more importantly, an honest man. His famous Stanford speech took the internet by storm as he bluntly disclosed information, opinions, and ideas that most thought but would probably not say in front of thousands of people.






I, unfortunately, was introduced to this speech very recently (I'm talking like three to four months ago) and as usual- it motivated my very core to seek what I loved to do most. It energized me to think outside of myself and see things from another perspective.








But then weeks later, I forgot. 












I can't say it has truly changed my life, not yet at least, but I can tell you that it has encouraged me to question myself. I question what I am doing, what I like doing, why I like doing what I do, and how I am doing all this confusing mumbo jumbo.








I can't really say that the path I am going in is my destiny or if it the decisions I make now are the correct ones. I can only let Jobs's words echo through once in awhile and allow myself to reevaluate. I won't know if anything I say or do now is a sound decision until I can look back on it years later. 








I never truly forgot Steve's speech, if someone were to ask me what it was about I could still summarize each story to create a cohesive alignment to what was said. But I forget to let those words affect me on a regular basis. I forget to remind myself that life is not worth living if not lived. 








I know it's cliche, but I'll post it anyway. I want to remind myself to remember.








No comments:

Post a Comment