Wednesday, August 24, 2011

the new Urban Urban Dictionary

Hello World,
You look like you need a bit of learning from me. Thank you. And you're welcome.






Acronym 101 (2012 Edition) with Ophelia-


Let's start off with something simple that even my parents know (Yes!) 


BRB use to mean: Be Right Back 
But as time has gone on, the meaning has changed drastically. The new meaning is: Bring Rice Back! 
This is a phrase that can be used when someone steals your rice before, during, or after a meal.


LOL use to mean: Laugh Out Loud / Lots Of Laughs
Nowadays, laughing out loud is so blasé.
It is WAY more awesome blossom to say, Love Our Llamas! 



WTF use to mean: What The F-word
Just inappropriate for the general public. We're a PG-13 community! New meanings are in store. 2012 is welcoming the phrase, Why Tree Farms, for frustrating moments. It can be used in cases such as, "She said I was a jerk? Why Tree Farms would she feel that way? I am so Whispering Through Hornets."




WTH use to mean: What The Hell
Oops, I suppose I went one too far on the last example. Anyway, let's explain this oldie.
I cannot condone the use of this phrase either because it's been overused, therefore, Whispering Through Hornets. 



WTHIMP use to mean: nothing
This didn't even exist till this post! That's how far ahead I am!
WTHIMP means What The Hippopotamus Ice Machine Party. Use it.






Ok, let's get to the more important ones:


NATO use to mean: North Atlantic Treaty Organization
I don't know how many of you are affected by this acronym as much as it affects me but I have realized the immediate need to acclimate this to all of our daily vocabulary. Let's make it easier to remember. 
NATO: Not Atlantic Treaty Organization. Easy to remember!
Next time someone asks you which organization constitutes a system of collective defense whereby its member states agree to mutual defense in response to an attack by any external party- you can remember!





SAT use to mean: Scholastic Aptitude (Achievement) Test
One word to describe this meaning - Boring.
Now let's make it interesting! The new meaning is- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious At Thee










I was going to continue but I'm sleepy now. Good night.






2 comments:

  1. i can't believe you gave up sleep time for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i can't believe i read thru it all... what the HIPPO!

    ReplyDelete