Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 10 of SB

Food Truck Festival Fun



This may be a bit alarming for some to read but I've never tried food trucks before. Of course being very aware of the food truck craze that hit off some time last year with Kogi Trucks and Nom Nom Trucks, I've just honestly been too lazy to actively search for availability. 


If it isn't right outside my door, I'm not that interested.



However, when Fro told us about this festival in Santa Anita Park, we all felt that it was the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon. 



The air was filled with greasy fried goodness as we walked through the underground walkway towards the 80 trucks. I was instantly overwhelmed with the variety and with the throngs of bodies trying to squeeze into long snake-like lines. 



Our strategy was to split up, divide and conquer. In doing so, an hour of line standing equated to a variety of dishes from about 5 different people. I believe we ended up eating from eight different vendors by the end of the day.



It's definitely a fun experience to do something different, this fulfills my personal quota of Varied Experiences. 



Since we've returned home, I've been sitting in front of my desk working for the past seven hours. Enough. Must sleep. Tomorrow tourney. Zzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment