Saturday, October 9, 2010

Whew

It's done for the day. "Donzos Repunzels" according to Olivia's friend.



We came downstairs to find that our interpreter, Nika, had worn these fabulous shoes!







USA U-SA, USA U-SA, USA U!



Another long day of tournamenting and I am glad this one is finally over!


I was in competition and warm ups all day so I could not photograph much. Here are a few pictures the other two took!



Nika (our interpreter), Olivia, and Sarang (our Belgium friend)




Here are a few with the local kids






My partner, Alex, and I finished with the Semi-Finals and though I am sure we have many things we would have wanted to change, the performance was a great success as a whole. I think we did our best and of course in terms of competing against the best of the best, it was pretty cool.



I have my last competition tomorrow and I will be sure to try to enjoy every moment of it. Funny enough, today's entire process was not very nerve-wracking. I felt good for the most part and minus some anxiousness to get out there and do my thing, I liked being surrounded by 62 other countries during warm ups.



I think this experience has really allowed me to grow as a competitor and I wish to always improve. The question is will I have the opportunity or motivation to do this again? I really don't know. And I honestly don't want to know, I don't want to commit to anything. I want to always live in the moment and enjoy the ride =)

No comments:

Post a Comment