Monday, September 20, 2010

US Team Training

I was prepared, or I thought I was prepared. I spent almost my entire Saturday trying to hammer out the details of my project because I knew I would not be able to get much done today. But oh man...was not prepared. Hehehe, sick of me being a drama queen yet?


Let's start from the beginning.




I woke up at 9am this morning and have you ever felt like you ran a marathon in your sleep? Because I felt that way when I got up. Aches and pains but no real reason as to why.


We got to the studio and soon enough people began to trickle in from all over. I heard a lot of people who were around the area like Huntington Beach and Laguna Nigel but then I also found out a lot of people up north drove down. One guy (some former FBI????) flew in from Sacramento this morning and another lady flew in from Boston. Wow the dedication. And I complain about getting up at 9am.



Training was tough and so physically draining. It takes a lot of mental strength to take what you have learned, toss it aside to absorb the new information and then to combine your experience and discipline to put it together. Can you imagine the frustration to find that the thing you have learned to do for the past ten years is now changed? Ugh is all I can say.



But we learned a lot today and though the six hours did not fly by I still enjoyed it. And we made some new friends =)




images courtesy of Alex Twu via Facebook



Am I excited yet? Hmm no not yet. Am I ready? Hmm no not yet either. Am I ready to be excited? Hmm...



yes!

1 comment: