Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sighhhh

I just cannot stop sighing today, it's been a really rough day. But I'm glad it's over.


Instead of discussing the bulk of my day (and perhaps reminding myself of the stress) I am going to just talk about my design progress.



I met with our professor today to refine my concept and if you recall from my previous pictured floor plan, I had basically installed a clear runway path to lead from point A to point B. The rest of the terminal was dedicated to simple space planning with many questionable methods of communicating my concept.


Most difficult part of this entire part was refining my concept to a point where I can even understand it. Good thing my discussion with the professor was helpful today.



I am basically going to: develop a space that ties the connection between land and air. To compare and contrast the essence of being grounded and to hover in air. I am utilizing the airport runway to conceptually and physically organize the space.

Not in those words exactly but you get the point. Right?



Anyway, I was Googling images for inspiration and found this amazing prototype by Kamil Kurka.






Simply beautiful. I feel like this lounge chair was what inspired me to take this design to this direction. Hopefully I can properly implement it into my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment