Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's over!

We're done! Yipeeeee!




Another 12 hours straight of being in a convention center with only a few bites of a sandwich the entire day...blegh



Good news is that it's over but the surprising news is that it's not really over.



Confused? Me too.





I started this entire tournament journey doubting my intentions for joining. On one hand, it seemed like a great opportunity to really make my 13 years of taekwondo training more meaningful and to test myself to compete with the best of the best. On the other hand, my life is busy as it is. I have a lot of deadlines and demands from school, my major which is my chosen path of focus is very important to me. Especially this upcoming year being my last, choosing taekwondo at this time seemed to be an odd move.



Here's the fact though. I am not a device. I was not built to only complete one task. I realize now that though the journey is tough, I can do it. I may bitch (sorry for the language! but necessary!) and moan through the entire time, but at the end of the day I feel very accomplished. It is a great lesson to me and hopefully to anyone else who is quick to give in like I am. We can always do more than we think we can. But we really never know until we go out there and test ourselves.



The entire tournament was an exhausting blur and that is the truth. It finished so quickly I barely had time to catch my breath. The results are good and I cannot change what happened. I wish I could have done better but here I am. I will try to find a lesson in every experience of my life. Sometimes it's difficult to see at first but you really have to dig deep to find it.


What else can I say? We made the US National Poomsae team and we have the choice to either compete in Uzbekistan or Mexico at the end of the year. I'll keep you posted! LITERALLY! heheh





Look at the excitement in my face....I was exhausted and had to quickly get ready for the next round.




So proud to have finished second, we can do better next year of course but so happy it was over!




Our team! So proud to be a part of a wonderful bunch, we had a great experience and we're about to have more because tomorrow is DisneyWorld! Whoopeeee!


...I'm going to buy Jimmy a HUGE Mickey Mouse

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS!!

    now let's see if i can finish my spec crap (sorry. this language is also necessary) by tue n not have to pull all nighter tue night.

    i can't wait for the "actual" summer to come n just chill n hang out!

    ReplyDelete