Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sometimes you just know

Life is full of trial and error. It is not a step-by-step lesson plan where you will know that the answer to question 24 is B. You just have to go through it and figure things out. The greatest lessons are all learned by failing first.

*my wisdom of the day* =D


No pictures today! I forgot and now I remember that I forgot and argh. I like having pictures to pad my text hehe



It was a lovely day in the LBC (darn you, Snoop, I always think of your songs when I say that)


We had a meeting at school today regarding the Senior Show - Professional Night. It seems to be a tradition for the Juniors to assist the Seniors in preparing for this day where they expose themselves to professionals in the field and have that opportunity to network. We are suppose to make sure the event goes smoothly, direct traffic, distribute food/drinks, etc...I'll post pictures. =)


After the meeting, we packed up the rest of our things from studio, turned in our keeps and we are officially out! It's been a good home these past 9 months but er...I don't really want to be there anymore so..



THEN we went home to veg out and bum around. I decided that the quiet was too quiet so I turned on the tv and found Animal Planet. They were showing the Big Cat Diary where a team of journalists or documentary-ist? were following three different types of wild cats: lions, cheetahs, and leopards. It was very interesting so here goes the lecture-



Lions are really considered king of the jungle (although they do not live in the jungle - who made up this crap?) because lions by nature are very dominant creatures that see each other as direct competition. So they will kill their kind but will not eat them. It is purely competition, dominance, and after all, they are the top of the food chain.


Cheetahs are the fastest animals on land and they look incredibly beautiful while they are chasing down innocent prey. (well, it IS part of the natural food chain) They do not all seem to stay together like preys of lions do, instead the males stay in groups while the females branch off with their young. They are really so adorable and the little cheetahs sound like birds when they call for their mother.
*I keep having the urge to type "Cheetos"


The leopards are apparently wonderful climbers and will often store their 'dinner' on top of a tree. They are quite small compared to lions and if they were after the same prey, the leopards will stay back. They seem to be optimal hunters but seeing their size and range, they do not have great defense against larger predators. If they do catch a Pumba (poor Pumba) and do not hide it in time, larger animals like lions will come and eat their winnings.


Yes, there is your lesson of the day. Nothing else really happened today, I did play with more makeup but my camera quality sucks so much that the idea of even attempting to snap a shot at night is really a joke. Maybe tomorrow?


Thanks for keeping up with my blog! I am getting wonderful support and great responses that make me want to keep trying to write in it daily. <3

3 comments:

  1. yay, i love random animal facts! i think it was the cheetah that could go up to 70 mph. i hope that's correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your oldest and coolest girl cousinMay 21, 2010 at 1:22 PM

    ok you are like addicted to or going through homework withdrawals. you just gave us a kind of book report =)!! congrats on 1 more year left! it's nice to be able determine a finite amount of time on what's left of your schooling! let's get together and celebrate! and while you're there, come advise me on my wack lack of decor place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor toto... but that's part of the "circle of life" i guess.

    ReplyDelete