Anyway, I took my poor sick MacBook to the Apple store in South Coast today and I felt so sad to see her suffering. The modest "Genius" opened her up and after getting rid of all the lint and dust build up, he showed me where there were signs of corrosion. He said that spilled liquids will always cause problems unless the electronic device was turned off. Sigh.
In the end, I suppose I cannot decide who's more upset. The computer for having corrosion that will eventually worsen. Or my flimsy vulnerable credit card that has been taken the $1255 beating. Sniff sniff.
OH by the way, I asked the "Genius" guy (who actually was super nice) if you are suppose to leave your laptop plugged in at all times or only plugged in until the battery fully charges and then unplugged. Well, he said a little bit of both. It is not good to consistently unplug the adapter since it will cause the battery to constantly cycle. It is also not good to leave it plugged in at all times.
So what's the solution?
You should leave it plugged in most of the time, he said that unplugging the adapter to allow the battery to cycle at least once a week would be sufficient.
There's your tip of the day!
Oh by the way! (second time) Have you ever watched MysteryGuitarMan on youtube? He is incredibly talented and gifted in his musical originality and detailed video editing. If you haven't watched, I highly recommend it:
Take care of your liquids and laptops!