Friday, April 30, 2010

First Interview

Well, I did it. It's done, over with, finito.



But how did it go?



Yes, good question. I'm still asking myself that.




This being my first interview, I really didn't know what to expect. On one hand, I was nervous and apprehensive of what to expect and what to say. On the other hand, I was excited to see what was being offered to me.


Jimmy very kindly decided to accompany me on the ride to the company since he was taking the day off work to get his wisdom tooth pulled. The entire ride there was spent trying to reassure my nerves and once I got out of the car, I suddenly became very aware of my surroundings. With each step down the long hallway, I could hear my shoes squeak against the floor's texture. The interview overall was fine, I don't think I could have really asked for more. They were pleasant and after viewing my portfolio and asking me questions, they took me on a short tour through the large office. I had the opportunity to see their models, renderings, actual photos of projects, and their many working zones.


I don't know what I expected and I don't know what they thought of me. All I know is that I have experienced my first interview and I will be that much more prepared for the next ones.

1 comment: