Monday, November 16, 2009

Another weekend gone

Everytime we receive a new project, there is a mixture of annoyance and excitement followed almost immediately with frustration and exhaustion. That is the life right? Hmm, maybe not.

At the end of every project I think everyone is ready to let go of all that stress and just enjoy the rest of their weekend. It is definitely difficult to push aside everything that just happened, it is difficult to ignore all the work that still lies ahead, and mostly it is difficult to get back into the swing of things. I think this weekend was a great example of that.

I finished my 4 week long project presentation on Thursday and though I did seem to have a good amount of sleep under my belt, I still felt exhausted. Friday approached and instead of looking forward to all the possibilities my weekend held, I was just looking forward to crashing in bed. I thoroughly enjoyed not having to care about work and not having to think about what was the next thing on the agenda. But now it's Monday and I have to switch the school button back on. Ugh. UGH you hear?

But we must go forward and we must continue on with our responsibilities. It's never easy but it's necessary. Life never stops and no matter how much we dread it, we cannot let go.

1 comment:

  1. You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, 'never try'.

    ReplyDelete