Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Birthday!

First off, I just want to give a shoutout to one my best friends from high school: Happy Birthday Val!

And of course, because all things have some sort of relevance, my dedication to my friend has kick started a new blog post. Birthdays. We all celebrate them in large and small ways: every year in every way. As we continually grow older, I really believe that we should not take for granted what each year has taught us. Though it may seem difficult to grasp on first impression, each year does bring new wisdom through the happy and sad challenges of life.

As a child, birthdays meant more about the celebration of having attention, the proud feeling of becoming another year older than the peers who suddenly seem younger and immature, an indulgence on sugary birthday cakes and soda. Well my friends, those days are ...well, somewhat over.. I feel that now we should have the fun but also take the time to maturely reflect on our personal growth.

I'm sure everyone has heard the ole saying, "Another year older another year wiser." OR "Another year older and none the wiser." I don't think that we should be afraid of growth even if that equates to getting "older" because becoming older means becoming stronger in understanding who we really are and how to really allow ourselves to develop positively.

So it definitely is another year, another reminder to look back at the mistakes made or the triumphs achieved and smile. Besides, there's another thing to look forward to besides cake (which is really important by the way!) and that is enjoying life with the ones you value and remembering that every day counts, every day is another chance to better yourselves and to learn from the past. It would be very handy if we could have erasers for life, but reality shows us that we don't. It is mental, emotional, and physical growth that pulls us through so don't waste it and don't be too juvenile to realize it. I love you all and I hope that if your birthday IS coming up that you
thoroughly enjoy it! I will toast my Long Island to you! =)



HAPPY BDAY VAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment